In some cases, BASIS ID will interact with your customers by sending them necessary e-mails concerning their registration, verification and authentication process. For example, if turns out that customer’s data is not complete, the system will send an automatic letter to an individual pointing out the information they will need to present in order to get verified. Please, note that BASIS ID does not send any e-mail nor does it contact users in marketing purposes or purposes other than compliance.
Articles in this section
- How does BASIS ID process data?
- How does BASIS ID store personal data?
- How can I ensure that I manage data in a secure way?
- Where is personal data stored? How do you decide where to store it?
- Does BASIS ID interact with my customers? If so, in which cases?
- What is a data breach?
- How do you handle data breaches?
- Can I transfer data from BASIS ID?
- Can I give the access to the data stored by BASIS ID to my colleagues?
- I have received an email from BASIS ID, but I don't recall authorising BASIS ID to access my data! How did BASIS ID even get my details?