Identification documents are scanned and all the information from MRZ (Machine Readable Zone) is extracted. Then, the pictures are checked using fraud detection engine that identifies if the pictures have been modified in photo editors like Photoshop. BASIS ID also performs checks against document databases in several countries to ensure that the document is legitimate. In complex cases BASIS ID verification team members asses the identification document manually.
Articles in this section
- What level of responsibility do you take?
- How do you deal with the fraud?
- Do you use data encryption?
- How many users can you check daily?
- Where do you get the AML (Anti Money Laundering) results from?
- There is an ‘automated verification’ screening result. What does it mean?
- What is post moderation? When is it used?
- How long does it take to check one customer profile?
- How do you check identification documents?
- How does Biometric Facial Recognition work?